Monday, March 9, 2015

Wal-Mart run x 20!

This week has been great. Sister Smith and I went on lots of adventures this week. Sister Smith is now my permanent companion. She is pretty funny! She is from American Fork one of those cavemen you know.... We can't blame her for that but We had zone conference this week. President said our group was the most prepared for the Atonement. I learned so much from the discussions we had about it. We went to practice with some other missionaries. It went pretty well considering we had only been together for a few days. The sisters we role played with were just as new as a companionship so we both had a little work to do with teaching together. After zone conference we went to Rosenburg to get Sister Smith stuff. I had never been on that side of the mission so it was kinda fun to see it. We also went to the Beacon. It is still the coolest homeless shelter I have ever been to. Sister Smith and I have got the hang of the laundry. We are pro. Ron the main guy always plays music so we have to suffer through that. So in turn every once in awhile Sister Smith would dance by the washers so no one would see. It was pretty entertaining. Ron started dancing too so we just have a party while we serve! On p-day we went on a real adventure! We were going to climb up to the top of the Williams tower but they don't have a lookout anymore so we just got lost in the Galleria looking for food. After we went to Wal-Mart for a prescription and they didn't have it. So the sent us to another one. They told us it was in Sugar Land, but we ended up in Spring which is not in our mission!! It was crazy once we realized we were out of the mission we were trying to get back as soon as we could. We went to get the prescription and it wasn't even there. It was filled in a different Wal-Mart back in the mission. It was crazy we were driving around for 2 hours but we finally got the prescription. We had lots of laughs in the car though my sides hurt by the end of the ride. We had a crazy lesson with John and Lydia. It was by far one of the most frustrating ones I have had my entire mission. Lydia was just arguing about everything. We were reading in 2 Nephi 31 to invite John to be baptized. John said he needs to follow Christ's example but some commandments are holding him back. We asked Lydia if she supported John and was willing to help him be baptized. She then told us baptism wasn't necessary and wanted to argue about being saved by just wanted to repent. After a few minutes she drove the spirit away and was just arguing and being rude. Poor Sister Smith didn't know what to do. Lydia then started swearing and being disrespectful towards Christ. For the first time I kinda got mad at her and said to respect my companion and the Lord. We ended the lesson and after Sister Smith just broke down. She said she has never felt the spirit leave so fast. It is sad to think that people are like that all the time. The Spirit makes such a difference. I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with the spirit in my life from the beginning. Lessons like this just makes you want to share the gospel even more so they really know what they are missing. This week was great. I just hope the rain stops soon!! I am getting sick of tights and lots of layers. I hope you all have a great week and remember that the scriptures are such a great way to keep the Spirit in your lives. I love you have a great week!! Hanging out at the Beacon! Just posing with a momma roly poly. Doesn't look like one to me! ​Sister Widdison and I This girl is crazy!! Gotta love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment