This week was different that is for sure. I am still trying to learn how to be a trainer and such. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but without those moments we can't learn. At times I want to tell Heavenly Father I don't want to learn anymore but that is selfish and not me. I can handle any challenge because of my Heavenly Father and all that he does for me. The Savior knows all and the Atonement is real. I just have to rely on that through any hardship in life.
This week we went to the Beacon. It is a homeless shelter downtown and we were able to help them do their laundry. It is amazing how little they have but they are so welcoming to us and thanked us for what we did for them. They were so respectful to us and I can't wait to go again this week. It is a simple way to serve. I was talking to Sylvia an employee there and she said it takes up to 20 volunteers to make things run smoothly. Some days they only get one and they have to shut down other parts of the shelter so they can prepare the food. Good thing we have at least 6 missionaries there on Fridays. I love service and I would do it all day if I could but I have to go teach people too which is also fun.
We had the opportunity to help Tena and Ricky move out this week. It was pretty depressing but we know the Lord has use for them elsewhere. We all have to leave at some point to grow and become more like our Savior. Ricky actually gave me a blessing this week. It was his first time and he was great at it. You could tell how nervous he was but I know he was listening to the Spirit and telling me everything that Heavenly Father wanted me to know at the time. I am grateful for them and all that they did for us as missionaries. I know the missionaries in their new ward just got some of the best members out there!
I was also able to go on exchanges with Hermana Hull and boy am I thankful for her right now. Sometimes we need to ask for help and I can say that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I did not want to admit to someone that I needed help and how no idea what to do next. She is great and she speaks boldly and even called me Marie so I know she was serious. We were able to go try a bunch of people that we had never met and her Spanish skills came in handy because most of the people we talked to only spoke Spanish. I am grateful for our leaders and all the hard work the put into helping us as missionaries.
I love you all and hope that we all can look for the light of Christ in our lives. Even through the challenging times I know that Heavenly Father will never leave any of us hanging. He loves us and is willing to push us. So in turn we have to push ourselves. I love you and hope that everyone stays safe in that crazy weather I am hearing about!
This week was different that is for sure. I am still trying to learn how to be a trainer and such. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but without those moments we can't learn. At times I want to tell Heavenly Father I don't want to learn anymore but that is selfish and not me. I can handle any challenge because of my Heavenly Father and all that he does for me. The Savior knows all and the Atonement is real. I just have to rely on that through any hardship in life.
This week we went to the Beacon. It is a homeless shelter downtown and we were able to help them do their laundry. It is amazing how little they have but they are so welcoming to us and thanked us for what we did for them. They were so respectful to us and I can't wait to go again this week. It is a simple way to serve. I was talking to Sylvia an employee there and she said it takes up to 20 volunteers to make things run smoothly. Some days they only get one and they have to shut down other parts of the shelter so they can prepare the food. Good thing we have at least 6 missionaries there on Fridays. I love service and I would do it all day if I could but I have to go teach people too which is also fun.
We had the opportunity to help Tena and Ricky move out this week. It was pretty depressing but we know the Lord has use for them elsewhere. We all have to leave at some point to grow and become more like our Savior. Ricky actually gave me a blessing this week. It was his first time and he was great at it. You could tell how nervous he was but I know he was listening to the Spirit and telling me everything that Heavenly Father wanted me to know at the time. I am grateful for them and all that they did for us as missionaries. I know the missionaries in their new ward just got some of the best members out there!
I was also able to go on exchanges with Hermana Hull and boy am I thankful for her right now. Sometimes we need to ask for help and I can say that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I did not want to admit to someone that I needed help and how no idea what to do next. She is great and she speaks boldly and even called me Marie so I know she was serious. We were able to go try a bunch of people that we had never met and her Spanish skills came in handy because most of the people we talked to only spoke Spanish. I am grateful for our leaders and all the hard work the put into helping us as missionaries.
I love you all and hope that we all can look for the light of Christ in our lives. Even through the challenging times I know that Heavenly Father will never leave any of us hanging. He loves us and is willing to push us. So in turn we have to push ourselves. I love you and hope that everyone stays safe in that crazy weather I am hearing about!

Gotta love friendly reminders of what your name is.

Only in Texas. Classy doormats.

Tena and Ricky and Charlie Moore decided to join us last minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment