Thursday, March 26, 2015

Give Me Some Peanut Butter!

This week has been a little slower than usual, but we all have those days. It is hard at times when you don't have many investigators or people to try, but it is just a trial of your faith to see how you can handle it. One of the coolest things we did this week was go to the peanut butter factory! We were able to go with our ward to help volunteer to make the church's peanut butter. Our shift started at 3:30 AM! We had to get up at 2 so we could be on time. It was a crazy night. The process of making peanut butter is pretty cool. They had quite a few stations. I started on the lid station by screwing them on. After that I switched to stacking the boxes on pallets. It was so loud in there that is was hard to talk to each other. So most of the time we just played charades to talk to each other. Rochelle and I would just dance for each other every once in a while as well to keep it real. Stacking was fun though, we kind of made it a game to see how fast we could go at times. I think at the end of it we made 10 pallets of peanut butter which is 660 boxes of peanut butter. It was the best work out I have gotten my whole mission. We kind of died after the factory so our day was not the best. We were super tired. Daylight savings this week did not help either, but one day we will not be tired. I decided that will be the day I go home. We had an amazing experience this week with a media referral. We got a referral for Sonia Gil. We didn't get her address but we got her phone number. We called her and set up an appointment. After we ended the call we found out she isn't in our area, but we thought it was in the Memorial Park 1st ward, but as we were driving there the Elders called, and we told them we weren't sure if we were in the mission or not. They checked and we were in the Texas Houston Mission. They told us to go to the lesson and then get back to the mission as quick as we could. Sonia is amazing though. We weren't sure if we should extend a baptismal date because she wasn't in the mission, but she said she wanted to act and leave a great legacy for her family to follow. We taught the Restoration and she knew that it was true. So the one person we have preparing for baptism is not even in our mission. Oh well the church is true everywhere! We rescued a cat this week too. We had a crazy rain storm and this little kitty ran up to us to hide from the rain. We picked it up and took it with us to our next lesson. We left it on the porch out of the rain. After that we went home and gave the cat a bath and fed it. The whole time we kept it in the bathroom so he wouldn't make a mess in the house. After we fed it we made it go outside so Elder Nilsen wouldn't kill us. So for a hour or so we had a pet cat. Sister Smith named it Mittens, Jarvis and Loki she couldn't decide. It was the first time she held a cat. She asked if we could keep it, but mean mom had to say no. It was such a crazy night! This week my companion told me I was trunky as well as four of the Elders. We decided that Elder Bluemel is trunkier than me and we are trunky in different ways. It was one of the funniest conversations I have ever heard. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being trunky and 1 being consecrated Sister Smith said I was a 4 which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We decided for being trunky that we still work hard which is pretty good! Well this week we are going to start riding the bus and go on adventures there. We are looking for people to teach everywhere. When you have no one to teach you start to try everything. The one thing I have noticed from this is that no matter how hard things get and no matter how many times you run out of ideas if you just keep going the Lord will bless you. Sometimes the most discouraging moments on your mission turn out to be the moments you learn from the most. I am grateful for them and know I can always learn from them. Stacking Champion! ​Looking our best at 3:30! Rachelle Morris​, Me, Sister Smith, Tiffany Crowther, Jennifer Moore, Ginny Simmons, Kimber Crandall, Diana Mladinio Mittens/Jarvis/Loki really liked to drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment