Well I am getting the boot... The Sunnyside West area is closing. So many guesses on where I could go. It has been real in Sunnyside. I have learned to look at the gospel so differently than before. I am grateful for the time I spent there and the things that I learned from the members of the branch.
>
> There isn't much to report on here since I just sent out my email a few days ago.
>
> We were able to go to the temple and that was great. Our ride fell through just a few hours before we were going, but the Silverlake ward is awesome. Members asked around on Facebook for us and we found a ride last minute! Sister Anderson took us and she is just awesome. She has a lot of gospel knowledge so we had some great talks to and from the temple. It was a good day. It was a day full of the plan of salvation. We got to email after and I found out Grandma Wulf passed away. It made me so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation. After a few tears it became clear that Heavenly Father needed her to direct the choir over there in the Spirit World. Heavenly Father really has a plan because He waited to let me know about that. We taught someone the same day about the Plan of Salvation and we used that experience in a lesson and it really touched their hearts and the kids really related to that with their family. It is amazing to see how the Lord helps us out and gives us the words to say in lessons. I am so thankful for that.
Sunday we had a mission wide fast. We have a goal as a mission to bring 60 people under the waters of baptism in the month of January. There is an amazing spirit when you know the whole mission is fasting together and praying about this goal in every prayer. The mission is already seeing miracles happen from all the prayers. It is amazing to see the faith that everyone has to make this goal happen. We would love if you also prayed to help this goal come to pass. I know that the Lord will make it happen as long as we as missionaries do our part.
The Silverlake sisters have an awesome potential investigator named Bruce. We went to see him last night and that man has had so many experiences with the Holy Ghost and I know that he has been prepared to meet these sisters. It is cool to see how the Lord prepares people and places them in our paths. The sisters found him when he was moving into his apartment and he didn't have any help. He prayed for some help and not two minutes later the sisters stopped to talk to him and offered to help him move in. It is the simple things that can change someone's heart.
Oh last thing to report. My hair is now plastic free! Sister Schumacher and I spent a little over an hour heating up the plastic and combing it out of my hair. It was such a fun experience. I suggest not to ever get plastic stuck in your hair! I am so grateful for this time that I have to serve the Lord. It just gets better and better with each day. I hope that you all can have the same opportunities around you. I know as we pray for them the Lord will bless us with someone to share the gospel with. I love you all and I hope most of you are staying warm!

This is our serious faces.

Temple Time!

Praying at the Prayer Tree. Gotta love Sunnyside!
No comments:
Post a Comment