Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dancing Missionaries!

Hey peeps so I am keeping it short today! I forgot to tell you about Trisha and Kilan going to the temple last week to be sealed as a family forever! It was the greatest thing to watch. I remember meeting them for the first time my first week in the mission and now I had the opportunity to watch them progress so much as a family. This week was a struggle! My companion has been under the weather for awhile, but we didn't let us stop us. The COLD weather got to us more. No one was outside in the rain but we made the best of things. We tried all of our referrals this week and we got lost a lot! I did make a new friend though. A stray cat followed us around a complex while we were there. We also had a special stake meeting that was with 3 other stakes. We created a new stake and dissolved the Spanish stake into all the other stakes. So with that we gained a few more families and found out that our area boundaries changed completely! I was just starting to understand the other boundaries. Good stuff though. We know with these changes that the work is going to grow so much! One amazing miracle that happens this week was meeting Salem. Hermana Mishler was super sick and told me I needed to go to McDonald's so she could throw up. While I was waiting for her I started talking to Don a homeless man that said he joined the church a few years back. He asked for a Book of Mormon and if we would read with him. As we were reading a random guy asked if he could have that book. We wrote our number in it and gave it to him. As we left he called and said his name was Salem and that he wanted to meet with us. We had a lesson with him even though he lives in the Houston mission. He drove down to our church with was hours away. He is Muslim and is seeking the truth. We handed him off to elders in the right mission. They told us he loves meeting with them and we hope he will be baptized soon! Funny story of the week though. Last night we had dinner at Bishop Hickman's house. The elders were there and we started talking about our hobbies and such. Elder Hutchinson and I both did ballroom and he was so surprised. Kate Hickman asked him if he knew the polka and he said no. I showed him by myself. Then as I went to sit down he asked if I could show him the position for it. I told him no of course! Missionaries can't dance together!! Next thing I know he grabbed my hands and was asking about dance position. I was freaking out trying to keep my distance! I looked at my companion for help and next thing I know Sister Hickman threw a roll at Hutch to get him to stop! I was really awkward but kinda funny for all the sisters in the room. The lesson we taught was on repentance and I started it out by saying I needed to repent for dance positions! Well I love you all and hope everyone is staying warm! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment