Monday, January 26, 2015

Sick Missionary=Spanish Sleeptalking

⌂ Home 👤 LAURA M ⚙ Help Press ? for keyboard shortcuts. Oh man this week was a slow one. I have been sick the whole week but Sunday was the worst! I sounded like a man all day on Sunday even with that I gave the prayer in ward council. Elder Allen thought is was the funniest prayer he has ever heard. Sister Hickman made me lay down during dinner at her house. However the coolest thing that has happened while I have been sick was speaking some Spanish in my sleep! Hermana Mishler told me that it was a pretty long sentence and pretty fast. I guess I know more Spanish than I thought! We were able to go to the temple this week to watch some of the recent coverts do baptisms for the dead. We had to opportunity to be baptized as well, but I didn't want my head to explode so I just watched. It was a different experience to just watch, but it was just as spiritual. You get to see everything going on and that is great to see how everything works. We have a zone conference call each week and this week I was asked to say the prayer and pray for all of our investigators that can be baptized. We have our call at 9:50 on Thursday nights and this Thursday we were on our way back from the temple. I was freaking out because we weren't home yet when the call was starting! Everyone in the car was talking and I was suppose to be praying and it was super distracting. I was super nervous and was looking at my list of names, but the spirit told me just to close my eyes for a minute and the feeling changed. I could feel the spirit helping me pray and to know what each person needed. I have never been so nervous, but as I started praying the people in the car finally quieted down and the spirit was there. The rest of the week was pretty lame because we spent a lot of time inside while I was sleeping. We studied after I woke up and listened to the book of mormon in the car. I am sure this week will be a lot better. We are trying as hard as we can to accomplish our mission goal of 60 baptisms. We have 34 and are trying to get the rest by Saturday. I know it can happen as we all do our part and have faith in the Lord. I love you all! Have a great week! Couldn't find glasses so prescription sunglasses work! ​The Memorial Park district. Hermana Mishler, Me, Elder Johnson, Elder Allen, Elder Russell, Elder Hutchinson, and Elder Sika

No comments:

Post a Comment