Monday, February 2, 2015

Sicky week coming to an end

Well it is official I am a sick missionary! I was able to go to the doctor and found out I had a pretty bad sinus infection. Later this week Hermana Mishler had a doctor's appointment and our medical advisor came to act as mom. The first thing she asked was how I was feeling and then pointed out that I have been sick a lot as a missionary. That was the dumps but hey I have learned to push through a lot of it so it has been a blessing in disguise. This week was full of doctors and blood work! I think we spent a total of 7.5 hours doing medical things and that does not include driving time all around the Houston area. With all that time you think we would have had horrible week but we had a pretty good week full of many miracles. I think one of the biggest miracles was how understanding all of our investigators and members were to us being late from doctor appointments. The ward was so concerned that really just makes you feel loved and know you have a mom out here that will take care of you. Our relief society president Sister Moore demanded that I get blood work down but I really didn't want to. Secretly she told my companion to throw me under the bus and to get it done. I asked for it but the doctor said it wasn't necessary. However Hermana Mishler told him that she thinks I have thyroid issues and need the work down. He immediately changed his mind and made me get it. Sister Moore called us after the appointment to make sure it was done. She is so cute. Bishop Hickman also made me commit to him that I would do it. If not he would call Sister Mecham (medical advisor) and tell her himself. This ward cares so much for the missionaries here. It just makes the work easier because we are so unified. We also had a miracle of 4 people accepting baptismal dates this week. They all came to church as well! John Charles even set his own date. He is another miracle all on his own. We went to drop him last week and he was mad and didn't let us. He has changed so much within the last week. We ran in late to sacrament and he grabbed me right as the meeting was starting and told me that he decided he was ready to change and quit smoking. He wants us to come over everyday to help support him with this giant change. John has a past with illegal drugs and the worst of them all. He is scared to stop smoking because he doesn't want to go back to that. It was crazy for him to decide to quit smoking cold turkey. Please keep him in your prayers he is going to need them. That guy has been smoking for 30 years since he was 12. The others that accepted baptismal dates was a family. Mavis and her children. Missionaries have been working with them a lot in the past and we decided to try them again. The kids came to church and loved it. We are going to meet with them again tonight and hopefully we will meet their dad Blaze and we can invite him to join his family. This year I can proudly say I didn't see one second of the Superbowl! I did however plan my outfit out for both teams because I was a little torn on who to cheer for. I know my brothers were behind the Seahawks but the Patriots and I have the same birthday colors so I have always liked them. It was great to see how many members out here decided to not watch the game. One man even fasted from the Superbowl. I didn't have to run and hide in our apartment like last year. We were able to work all night without a problem. Well I hope you all had a great week too and were able to recognize the miracles that surround you everyday. I know that as we continually look for the blessings our Father in Heaven sends us daily we will feel His love even more. We also have a new mission goal for the month of February to find 50 people that are ready to enter the waters of baptism. If you could keep that in your prayers that would be great. I love you all and hope you know how much you are loved by your Heavenly Parents. ​Hermana Mishler, John Charles, and I trying to work out his issues so he can ditch the shirt... ​Sicky problems... All kinds of medicine up in that car! Insulin, Antibiotics, Steroids, and Prescription cough medicine. ​Elder Allen, Brother Su'a-Filo, Elder Hutchinson. He plays for the Texans.

No comments:

Post a Comment