Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Another One Bites The Dust

Well the killing streak continues. Hermana Shill went home last Thursday. I must say killing your companions gets easier and easier each time! When it was time for her to leave we just said a few sarcastic remarks to each other and then she was off. I just walked away and went and joined my new companions in an Atonement training. It was just another day. I have spent most of my time in the Silverlake area which is still in zone. I have been with Sister Harris and Sister Schumacher. This area is quite fun. The members are just awesome and are trying to find us people to teach. They are always looking out for us too. The sisters are extra happy I am here because it is normally a bike area, but we are using my car right now so we stay warm! Christmas was wonderful! We had a great time at the mission Christmas conference. We were there forever! We didn't get home until 8 or so. It was pretty long, but it was great seeing everyone and being able to learn as a mission. Christmas Eve was just another day to work. We had dinner at the Bahr's and they didn't let us leave until we sang Christmas carols with them. We had an awesome family home evening with Christian and his daughters. They have been coming to church for a year. We are working with him to enter the waters of baptism. The first time I met him I thought he was a member, but I soon found out that he wasn't! It blew my mind. He is just like the rest of us. I know he will be baptized though. He plays the clarinet in the Houston Symphony and is just awesome. Christmas day we were as busy as could be. We started it off strong by burning a plastic lid into my hair! It is actually still in my hair because we don't know how to get it out. Girl problems this is why I don't curl m hair!! I got to Skype to my family and they surprised me by having Grandma H on their too! It was fun even though it cut out every five minutes or so. Ethan was super cute and was playing basketball the whole time. The Bahrs loved his squeals every time he would score. We went and visited lots of members after that. It was a great day. I hope you all have an awesome Christmas too! I love this time of the year that we to celebrate the birth of our Savior. I am so grateful that I have this time to serve Him and share His love with those around me. I love this gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much and all that He has done for me. I love being a missionary even if it does make you fat ;) I hope we can all look for moments to share this gospel with those around us. I love you all! Dead! The elders were really excited to kill Hermana Shill! Plastic hair is the best! It only looks like bird poop sometimes. I wonder where our parents got our stockings....

No comments:

Post a Comment