Monday, August 25, 2014

An Emotional Roller-coaster Week

Okay so I have fifteen minutes to write about this amazing week I was able to have! I wish I had Sister Sellers typing skills right at this moment in time. Well this week was bittersweet. It was Sister Sellers last week and it did not go as planned! We had so much planned to do and the Lord changed everything, but for a great cause. Monday Sister Hinton went home so we had Sister Haynes join our companionship for the week. She would go out with members from her ward so we could all work our own areas. It didn't work as well as we hoped, but we had to get over it because there was nothing we could do to change the situation. Tuesday we had dinner with the Jolly's. Jason's wife Dawn showed up right in time for the lesson. Sister Sellers was teaching her before I got here, but she has been super busy. We talked to Dawn after the lesson. Sister Sellers had to send an email so as she was doing that she felt prompted that I should ask Dawn the baptismal questions. We went over them and she passed with flying colors. Sister Sellers asked if she wanted to be baptized and Dawn said yes. So me being me asked if she wanted to be baptized on Sunday only five days away. She thought about it and wasn't sure. We asked Dawn to pray with us right then and there to find out the answer. She was nervous so her and Jason left to pray on their own. They came back 20 minutes later and said that Sunday was the day. We were in awe but so grateful. We set it up to see them every night to teach every lesson again. We were just shocked but it was a miracle. President promised Sister Sellers would baptize someone before she left. We didn't know who it was because everyone we thought would be drop us and didn't come to church. It was something else. I can't really describe the feeling. Thursday was fun. We finally did our laundry during weekly planning after we came back I complained about being so hot, which isn't normal. Sister Sellers felt my head and said I had a fever. She sent me back to bed so I could go out and teach Dawn later that night. I felt awful. During the lesson Dawn got a little discouraged because her husband Jason couldn't baptize her. We did everything we could to tell her the temple was the important goal as a family. They said they would pray about it again. We went home and I just died in bed after that. Also Thursday was a fun day because I had to do a 24 hr. urine test so I had to carry my container of urine everywhere. We had to keep it cool and we didn't have ice so Sister Sellers being so smart used my otter pops. The Jollys knew about the test so they joked all night about it and would offer ice to keep it cold. They called it my holy water. It was not a fun day. Friday Sister Sellers went to the departing temple trip. I still had a fever so she sent me to Sister Parkin's house to rest. I slept until 5 pm when Sister Sellers came back to get me. All of our appointments cancelled so I went back to bed again. The district even fasted for me that day and nothing happened. Sister Sellers and I decided it wasn't the Lord's will for me to get better just yet. Saturday I refused to stay in and missed Dawn's last lesson because they cancelled Friday. We were teaching baptism and we were nervous about bringing it up again because of Jason not being able to do it. The zone leaders Elder Clark and Elder Dennis showed up right when we starting talking about it. Dawn was still hesitating and then BAM Elder Clark told her the more important part was being confirmed and getting the Holy Ghost and Jason could do that next week. Dawn said yes! Oh it was such a tender mercy. Sunday we went to church in Alvin with Jason and Dawn because they just moved there on Saturday. After church Dawn was baptized it was amazing. I know the Lord's hand was in it. I know it only happened because the Lord wanted it to happen. After we raced back to Friendswood for relief society and to take pictures with everyone. I was dying with a fever still but I refused to spend Sister Sellers last night at home. It was really amazing. Today I was able to get a blessing from President and I know that I will get over whatever it is before transfers so I can get back to work with my new companion. I feel bad for whoever she is because she has big shoes to fill! I hope she doesn't mind random crying fits for awhile too because I know I will miss my bestest friend Sister Sellers a lot. We had the lamest good bye ever. I was getting a blessing and she had to leave right then so we had a quick hug then she was gone. Part of mission life I suppose, but I am so glad that I was able to serve with her and make a life friend. She taught me so much and I know I couldn't have done it without her. I hope you all have a great week. Remember that I love you and read your scriptures!! ​Jason and Dawn Jolly Sister Sellers and me in the back where Mexicans should be. ​The Tay-Swizzle or Tay-Pizzle cooler. ​Last anime picture together.

No comments:

Post a Comment