Saturday, August 2, 2014

Mini Missionary Time

Well this week has been something else I tell you! This week we experienced everything you can experience on a mission in 7 days. Oh and before I forget big shout out to my momma for her 28th birthday last week! (I have a card I just couldn't write in it during the middle of the week mission rules you know) This week we were so privileged to have a mini missionary serve with us. Her name is Elise Cobb and she actually is from our ward. It was seriously one of the best weeks of my mission so far. We were able to give Sister Cobb the full mission experience. We started off by going to Sugar Land and she was able to meet President Ashton. She and I studied together while Sister Sellers was in a meeting. Right of the bat she was doing things that no was expecting. She starting talking to people on the street and testifying boldly in lessons. I have never seen someone study with so much heart for an investigator. It was super fun to turn around in the car and see Sister Cobb with her Preach My Gospel in her lap planning lessons even more in depth between lessons. Sister Cobb has such a heart of gold. She is so inspiring and I have never met someone that is full of the light of Christ like her. She loved our investigators immediately and wanted to help them so bad. It really helped me to see how much I need to improve to be an even better missionary. Something fun that happened was Sister Cobb and I both had our hump day on the same day so I shared my package with her. It is cool because it was her brother's year mark as well. Hitting your 9 month mark is an interesting day. It is a bittersweet moment. I feel like I just got out here and now I am half way through. It makes you realize how much more you need to change in such a little amount of time. Time goes by so fast out here, and I am hoping that it will slow down some! This week we also set an amazing goal as a zone to baptize 15 people on one day. We feel that it is something that the Lord will bless us with as we work as hard as we can and have faith that we can do it. It is crazy to see what miracles have come to pass in this short amount of time. Satan also is coming at us a lot harder right now as well so we pray lots and lots! We are trying our best to start each day with a 30 minute pray full of faith and prayers for all of the investigators in the zone. I know that we can make this happen if it is the will of the Lord. We were blessed to baptize 12 people on one day so we can do it again! I hope you all have a great week. If you can keep the Friendswood Zone in your prayers I know those investigators will be blessed from it. Prayer is just so important! If the importance of prayer is the only thing I take home from being out here I will be okay with that, but I know I am learning so much more. Pray daily and more importantly pray with a purpose and with faith. The Lord will provide if it is his will. I love you all! ​Sister Cobb's first day. A few hours in and already tired from the missionary mantle. ​Nap time in the car dealership. Never sleep when your companion has a camera. ​Killing our companion. Sad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment