Thursday, August 21, 2014
Dinner with Frodo
Oh man oh man this week has been something else!!! Sister Sellers and I can only describe it as interesting. A lot didn't happen, but because of that I was able to learn a lot.
I was able to go to Texas City on an exchange with Sister Wilson. I am really starting to love this place. It is kinda funny because I have been there so much I really know most of the branch and their investigators. Members even remember me which I think is funny from just a few exchanges there. The exchange was completely different than any I have ever had before. There are two sets of Sisters living in that apartment so it is a party every night. We do our personal study all together in the living room and then Sister Wilson and I go into the bedroom to do companion study. We came out for lunch and then the other sisters were having an interesting conversation about patriarchal blessings. We then all studied our blessings for two or three hours. It is awesome. I learned to much from them especially because we talked in code to not tell a whole lot from our blessings. I love studying with people.... okay just when I am awake if not then you better hide in the other room.
We did have a miracle happen at church though! We invited everyone and their dog to come to church. No one was going to make it. Julie called last minute and said she didn't have a ride because Dan was being dumb. Brother Chidester came to our rescue and picked her up last minute. She was so upset but she wanted to go to church so bad. Dan followed after a few minutes and wanted to leave early. Julie basically told him off and said she is staying for all of church because she wants to learn and be close to God. It was so awesome but sad because they were arguing. I am so thankful she stood up for what she believed in and stayed.
Then the coolest of coolest things happened! We had a Hobbit themed dinner! Barbara is the coolest member ever. She is super geeky like us and wanted to do something fun for Sister Sellers before she left. It was a feast! She spent days in the kitchen. She is just a blessing! I love her so much. Dinner was amazing I am glad that I forgot to eat that day so we had more room for the never ending food! And then Brother Robinson took us on a tour of NASA! It was pretty sweet. We couldn't go into some of the buildings because they were in use at the time by the astronauts. Bro Robinson knows so much about NASA and the history that is was like being on a tour with a historian.
Not a lot else happened besides secret combination sister drama. It seems there is quite a lot of it floating around the mission. Satan is just being a bully and trying to cause chaos. Remember that he is real and he knows you. I can't tell you how much prayer will help you when you know that dude is causing you problems. I love you and hope that your week is epic of all epic!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment