Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sept 2: Serial Killer!!

Well friends last week was something else I tell ya. I had to drop off one of the best missionaries I know at the mission office and lose a best friend at the same time. It is the weirdest feeling telling your companion bye and not seeing them again at all. It is always nice running into old companions at the office or at zone conference. At first I felt like I was just on another exchange, but after a few days it got real. I will admit I finally turned my emotions back on after leaving Sister Sellers and cried and cried. I was with two other sisters and you would of thought the pipes in the apartment broke with all the tears that were being shed. On strict orders from Duck aka Sister Sellers I was not to go out and work on Tuesday because I was still sick. I knew that she would come back and haunt me in some way if I didn't follow orders so I stayed with one of my favorite families, The McGuinness' all day. I slept most of the day and was able to just visit with them the rest which was kinda of nice because it kept my mind busy. Sister McGuinness is a hoot and helped me relax a little about getting a new companion. I was more worried for the new sister who was coming to fill the giant shoes left behind than if we would get along. Wednesday finally came. I was dreading the thought of getting a new companion but thrilled at the same time because I was sick of being in a trio for so long. I managed not to kill any poor sisters but it took all my strength. Transfer meeting took longer than usual because President Ashton gave us more than the usual pep talk. We talked about locking your heart. Oh so fun to hear about missionary drama and such. I always laugh when it is a problem because I never have problems with that. The elders are so young and little it would be liking Christian and his friends Gross! After a few minutes I found out that Hermana Hogan was my new companion. Hermana Hogan is from Connecticut. She went to BYU for three years before she came out. She is pretty funny and laid back. Come to find out it is her last transfer so I will kill her as well. I guess I am just pro or something. Hermana Hogan spent her whole mission as a Spanish missionary in the same building. Leaving the city was something else for her. The first night Pat Lodder fed us rib eye steak and a huge bowl of ice cream for dessert. Hermana Hogan was in shock it was the first time having steak or dessert on the mission. It has been super funny watching her in the "English" world. She has been teaching me Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese. Boy oh boy I thought my singing was horrible in English but it is even worse in Spanish! Hermana Hogan and I are starting fresh this transfer looking for new people to teach. We have high hopes that we can get this area rolling again. We have already seen miracles from it too. We got 4 referrals which doesn't seem like a lot, but when you get one or two a transfer it is a miracle! We also are trying to baptize as a zone again. Lots of miracles are going to come this transfer. Funny story for the week. Hermana Hogan's first experience with me was with my pee bottle. I had to do another 24 hour urine test. Thankfully she has had a lot of sick companions so it didn't freak her out. We then took the test in right away so I wouldn't have to do it a third time. We were there for an hour before they called my name when I went back I found out that they lost my order form. We had to call Sister Mecham who had to call my mom, who then had to call the doctor to resend it before the end of the day so the test would still be good. Sister Mecham told us to wait there for them to send it again. We were there for days! After 3 and a half hours I finally had my blood drawn and could leave. Can I tell you how much I hate not sleeping!! Really not worth it. Another good one is learning Spanish! Hermana Hogan decided last night on the way home that English was no longer an option. For hours Hermana Hogan sang and talked to me in Spanish. By the end of the night I figured out maybe 10 percent of what she was saying. Then she switch to Chinese and Arabic and I was done for. It is fun though trying to learn a new language or three.... I am sure we will have lots of fun stories to tell by the end of this transfer. I can't wait to see what the miracles are either. I know they will come from doing the small and simple. So remember to read your scriptures and say your prayers! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment