Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Aug 11: The Week of experimenting with Valerian Root
Oh well friends this week has been something else I tell ya. Honestly I was asleep for half of it so I don't remember much of anything. It was a great week though. This week my companion has been trying to get me to sleep more with Valerian root. Let me tell you that stuff can do some crazy things to you! Also big shout out to Smoochy Smooch!! HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY BROTHER!!!
So as most of you know I do not sleep well out here. I get a few hours here and there and just work through the exhaustion. But there is a point where every person runs out of jiuce and just has to die for a day to get back on their feet again. Well Sister Sellers was sick of having a zombie companion so she decided to enlist the help of the zone leaders to think of ways to get me to sleep more. Elder Dennis being the cool cat that he is bought me Valerian root pills and Yogi sleepy time tea. In Sister Sellers words, "That stuff is gross. It smells like rabbit pee and hay." Yes I have to drink that every night now Dr Dennis orders. The first night I just took two pills right when we got in. I was awake for hours. It didn't do much I still didn't dream or sleep more than usual. The next night we upped the dose. I had to take three pills and I had to drink the nasty tea. Well needless to say I slept almost all night and morning!!! I slept through three alarms and to my companion moving around studying and texting people. I also had a dream!! MIRACLE!!!! My dream was like a crack head's dream, but I had a dream and we were all so excited about that. Both zone leaders Elder Clark and Dennis were checking in every morning to see if I has slept. Come to find out my companion drugged me with 40mg of Valerian root! That is so so much it is no wonder I slept for days. The zone leaders that it was so funny that my companion tried to kill me. Every night we have been messing with the dosage to get it right. I am still super drowsy during the day but we are working on ways to fix that too!
We had an awesome time at zone conference as well! We had the opportunity to teach in front of everyone. We knew a few days before that we would be doing that, but hadn't had a chance to study for it together until the morning of zone conference. We were freaking out because we were nervous of how awful it would be. We practiced teaching endure to the end with Suzanne who was our investigators. The AP's came up to us right as lunch was ending and asked if we were ready to teach missionary work. We said that is not what we were suppose to teach and they were very very sure that is what we were suppose to teach. So we ran into the chapel to change up the plan. We had maybe three minutes to change things up. We were praying to be led by the Spirit to know how to teach missionary work from lesson 5. We thought it went awful, but everyone said it was great. I know that we were totally led by the Spirit though because I had no idea what to say especially when Sister Sellers went into Suzanne's story. I just followed the Spirit and don't really remember the words that I said. By the end of conference I had the biggest headache but it was worth it. We learned a lot about the Holy Ghost and let me to ya. He is one awesome dude. He makes everything so much easier if we just listen to him and his promptings. I would just ask that you all try to listen to him and every prompting no matter how weird the prompting. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
What studies have looked like all week.
Serious faces. Me, Sister Sellers, Sister Cook, Sister Draper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment