Monday, November 24, 2014
Welcome to Sunnyside!
New address: My address is 2727 Reed Rd Apt#1107
Houston,TX 77051
Oh man well I have to say the Lord and I stopped fighting about transferred when we got to the office. I was ready to see where I was suppose to go and who my new companion would be. Sister Pace got her new companion quickly because Friendswood is at the beginning of the slideshow, but I had to wait forever. We wondered if I was going to go back to Clearlake but luckily I made it out without going there. I had no idea what was left in the mission then Sunnyside came onto the screen and I turned to Sister Pace and said I am going to Sunnyside and I was right! Hermana Shill is my new companion as well. She is from Vegas. She went to Foothills High School.
Sunnyside is something else I tell ya. It is about time that I experience something else besides "well to do" folks. Hermana Shill was super excited to see how I would react to everything. I can say with things I have heard I was expecting a lot worse, but it isn't as bad as everyone made it sound. Although I haven't seen the whole area yet. Sunnyside is a little closer to Houston I can actually see some of the buildings as we are drive to the church. Hermana laughed when I said I have never been close enough to see the view. I am still in the Friendswood Stake which is grand I can see everyone at stake meetings.
I am still learning to how to speak English in the ghetto, but I will get the hang of it in no time. Mom I may even come home a gangster you never know...... But for reals I love Sunnyside already. Church in a branch is so different! Sunday was great though. Hermana Shill spoke during sacrament and the whole service was so full of the spirit. She said church hasn't been like that in awhile, but I am so grateful because we had an investigator, Larry come. He loved the services and told the Temple Square sisters he plans on coming every week from now on as well! He will be baptized soon I know. We get the rare opportunity to work with the temple square sisters so our investigators get taught more frequently and we tag team teaching them. It really helps bring out people's concerns because they don't have to tell you face to face.
I haven't experienced much out here yet, but the funniest thing so far has been the nickname I received my first day here. I have no idea how to spell it but Danielle one of the youth gave it to me. It is Tyquisha Shaniqua Sha-foink-foink. I hope I can live up to it. Also I enjoy driving past the gangster cowboys every day. I will try to sneak a picture as we drive by next time. Well I love you all and hope have a great week! Don't forget to wearing your stretchy skirts on Thursday or pants if you are lucky enough to wear those. I love you all and remember to be grateful for all that you have!
Marie and Hermana Shill
A favorite family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment