Monday, January 20, 2014

Flat tire, say what?!

Well people let me tell you about the exciting day I had last P-day!! The day started off great. We were able to go to the temple. The temple is so beautiful. It is a lot smaller than any other temple I have been to but I loved every moment of being there. It is amazing how different the temple is as a missionary. I learned so much from the few hours that I was there. After that we went and ate lunch at a cute little cafe like Kneaders. As soon as we got home we hopped on our bikes to hit up the library to email home. The sisters took us grocery shopping after. We hoped that they are their travel bars for their bikes, but they took them out of the car so we had to leave our bikes at the library. A miracle occurred though! The elders weren't using their car so they let us steal it so I could run to the bank and take care of some things there. This is where the disasters started happening. The GPS took us to a wells fargo that was out of our area and that was super far away so we turned around and found one right behind us. That took forever. People don't lose a credit card! It is a painful experience to deal with. Then we went to the library to pick up our bikes. The car was making a funny sound and we ignored it. I thought it was the brakes with some dirt on them. We got to the library and we were already late to getting the car back to the elders. Guess who forgot their key to the bike lock?!?!? THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!!! Oh man you have no idea how mad I was at myself. We were going to have to walk back a couple miles to get our bikes. I was furious with myself and to top it off I was starving. So we stopped at Wendy's real quick to get me some food. We pull up and the drive thru is packed so we decided to go in. I am still mad at myself for making us late and therefore making the elders late. We get my food and run out to the car. What do we see? A freaking flat tire! I was done I was so mad and didn't want to deal with that. I threw my food in the car and started getting the spare tire out. Sister Blume was trying to keep me calm but I was done for there was no coming back from how mad I was. I told her to go call the elders and stay out of my way. I started changing the tire in my cute pencil skirt. Ladies it is hard to do in a pencil skirt I don't recommend it to anyone. Sister Blume was just laughing she said it is funny to watch me be so mad but trying to maintain my composure. I was halfway done with the tire when a very nice Hispanic man asked if he could help. I said I was fine, but he pretty much pushed me out of the way. He didn't speak much english so we weren't able to invite him to learn more about the gospel. When we finally got the tire on we got in the car. The spare was a little flat so we had to fill it to make it home. I was covered in grease. I wasn't allowed to touch anything. We even filled up the car with gas because we are that nice. I was still so mad about everything. I wasn't able to calm down forever! When we finally made it back to the apartment we apologized for being so late. One elder was so surprised that I could change a tire by myself and that made me mad! Us girls are not incapable of doing things. He asked if I knew where the hole was and I said no. I was in too big of a hurry to try to get back on time to look. Come to find out it was a nail that caused all of this to happen. We were so late that we didn't know what to do with our evening. A miracle happened though. Sister Stortz called and asked if we were still coming over for dinner. We accepted because we knew she would help us get back to our bikes after. We had a little walk to her house so that helped me calm down even more. When we got there she said I looked like a mess and went through something crazy. We told her about the night and she laughed. We talked about people in the ward that we needed to visit. We weren't able to visit anyone else, but we did figure out some people who needed our help in the ward. The rest of the week went well. We were able to do a lot of service for people. I was asked to help make pinewood derby cars. I was more than excited to help. Basically by the end I was making the cars by myself. I loved it. I found out one of the cars I helped make won! Yeah! It is because he has the spirit of the Lord with him because the missionaries helped him. We met an awesome new investigator. He has gone through a lot of things in his life, but he loves Jesus Christ. That is all he cares about. We taught him in the church parking lot because our member fell through. We were out there for two hours. The elders showed up and that made the lesson go longer. We tried ending it so many times. He wanted to talk with the elders so we just left after inviting him to church. He came and it was awesome. This week was fun and I can't wait to see what this week brings. I love you all and hope that great things are happening around you as well. Love, Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment