Monday, January 27, 2014

Transfers: The most nerve wracking moment in a mission

Hello out there!! Well I will start off today by telling you this week is transfers! No I am not getting transferred, but my mom/wonderful companion is! We were and I still am in shock that she is the one leaving. President has been dropping hints all week that I was going to leave. He made a few comments to Sister Blume about training a sister to take over the area. We both have been in the grieving process all week thinking I was leaving. I was set and had my emotions all together, but the Lord likes to throw you curve balls to keep you humble! I am going to become the senior companion of the area and lead it. I am absolutely terrified to lead, but President Ashton knows what he is doing. I am not ready for it, but I am going to dive in and take it like a man! This week has been pretty great! I hit my 3 month mark and I didn't even realize it! I am thankful that the work is taking over my thoughts. We went to celebrate by going out to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was the first time I didn't want to kill myself by being in a room with sports on. I was able to stay pretty focused on us talking about the area and the work we were doing. I was really craving their fried covered in buffalo sauce. It is amazing I tell you! Go try it in honor of me haha. Sister Wolfgramm and Sister Earl came with us. They are the best. Mostly because they drive us everywhere. On Friday we had a freeze out here! I was told that there were even a few snow flurries here, but we slept through them. We awoke to ice everywhere! We even had icicles! We didn't stay in during the freeze like half of Houston. We went on an adventure to Sugarland. We got Shipley Donuts. I am told they are pretty famous here. They were pretty good. Then we went on our way to see Miss Sheri Dew. The roads were just covered in ice and people here do not know how to drive on it. We past so many accidents. We avoided the bridges as much as possible because that is were the ice is the worst. We were almost to the mission office when we were getting ready to go over the last little bridge when we saw a truck driving against traffic back down toward us. We were like what the heck. We looked up and saw another truck stuck he couldn't make it over. The rest of the traffic was getting off on the exit and using the feeder next to the freeway. Well us being missionaries can't back up without someone backing us. So me being me took it and went and backed us Sister Wolfgramm in the middle of I-45. Yes I was backing up the car on the freeway. The looks I got were the best. Thankfully I didn't slip on the ice. I have never seen so many fire trucks, policemen, or tow trucks in my life. It was a crazy morning. The conference was wonderful too. Sheri Dew is an amazing woman. I love her and the things she taught us. We focused a lot on what we can do to become better missionaries. I learned to pray to learn the language of revelation. I know I need to get better at that. Saturday we had another meeting with her, but is was a multi stake event for the sisters. Friday was just for the sister missionaries in our mission. After the meeting we had a lesson with Marcus. Miracle! He accepted a baptismal date for the 23 of February. We were so excited. I quoted the first vision without messing up too much. It wasn't even nerve wrecking this time. I know the Lord was with me while I was saying it because I get so nervous thinking about it. P-day last week was pretty fun. We went to Sugarland with Sister Wolfgramm. We went on companion exchanges so her companion could get her hair down and so Sister W could still go to choir. We went to write letters while the missionaries were singing. I am still trying to get over a cold so I made it about two lines into a letter before I fell asleep. The only bummer was that I twitched so big that I woke myself up! After we got all of our errands down we went to Cavendar's. It is a boot shop! You can't come to Texas and not buy any boots. We just tried stuff on. A member told us the best time to buy is in April after the rodeo because prices are a lot lower. They are super high right now because the rodeo is next month. It was really fun. It brought out my inner redneck. We had more fun in there than we should have. Missionaries are very easily entertained. Well it has been fun but now I need to write my mommy! That way she knows I am alive and doesn't fly down here to find me ;-) I love you all and hope everything is going well in all of your personal endeavors. Love, Sister Marie Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment