Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Week of No Sleep...

This week has been a long one I tell you what. One of our neighbors has been playing loud Mexican music all day and night. I can hardly fall asleep or wake up a lot to the tempo change. Being the nice missionaries we are we haven't banged on the walls yet. Hopefully it stops this week with everyone going back to school and work. This week has been one of the slower one. The weather has been cold and people don't go outside in it. We didn't have many people to street contact. We had a tender mercy and I was able to have some courage and talk to this man before my companion did. We got along great and starting talking about God in no time. I was able to get an appointment with him later in the week. Sadly when we went he wasn't there, but another miracle. We ran into him as we were coming to the church to email. We were able to talk to him but not get another appointment because he is going out of town. He promised to come find me at the church when he gets back so I have faith that he will. We went on exchanges this week. Sister Blume left me to hold up the area by myself and boy can I just tell you that I don't like being the senior companion! It is hard stuff. I worked with Sister Haynes. She is 19 and from Missouri. She is a pretty good missionary. She only ran into me once on her bike so I say the exchange was successful. On Monday we smashed a pinata for Sister Wolfgramm's birthday it was a lot of fun! I think all the missionaries enjoyed acting like a little kid for a moment. On New Year's Eve we spent the evening with a few members and a part member family. At the Merrill's they had fireworks! As missionaries we can't be around those so we stayed behind the fence so we weren't breaking any rules. I was super jealous and have never wanted to play with a sparkler so bad in my life. It was a lot of fun. Then we went to the Swain's house. We played Pokemon monopoly with the little girls. We are trying to gain the trust and friendship of the father of the home so we can teach there. I know he is warming up to us because he is talking to us and not avoiding us like before. Oh man oh man do I have a funny story!! The south has a funny tradition of eating corned beef, black eyed peas, and cabbage on New Year's Day! Can I just tell you how much I hate all of that!!! I struggled so bad with eating it. Sister Blume was like don't worry we will go buy you some real food you like afterwords. I survived though. Oh and we had bread pudding!! Yuck! IT was a rough night to say the least. I thought I survived, but that night and the next day I was so sick! I didn't sleep at all. I decided I am never eating that again in my life. Even though I was so sick I didn't let that stop me. We went and moved a member of the ward for half the day. I pushed through because I know the Lord would do the same thing. I got to use my big 5 skills and pack boxes and rearrange things to make them fit in a smaller space. I felt at home in that garage. I have never loved seeing and feeling cardboard so much in my life. It felt like a truck day because I was even wearing jeans! I love my jeans. I love service, but I love it even more out here because you get to wear pants!! I am thankful for pants. Ladies never take them for granted okay! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. Love, Sister Marie Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment