Monday, December 2, 2013
It shoots right up the skirt! (the wind)
Hello from down south!
Oh my goodness this week as been something else I tell ya! If I keep getting fed like I did this week I am going to be the size of a whale by the end of my mission. This week we focused a lot on gratitude with members and nonmembers, but we need to remember to be grateful all year long. I am thankful that we have a day so show that gratitude in a big way.
This week the weather has been crazy. Lots and lots of rain and if not rain stupid wind! I hate the wind here because it shoots right up the skirt. There is no escaping from that. We have been sticking to the car a lot because of the weather. Hopefully soon we can start riding our bikes again.
I can just say that my investigators are just the best people on earth! They have some of the sweetest spirits surrounding them. I..... is our newest investigator and he is golden I tell ya. He is seeking the truth and asks the most sincere questions. I love teaching him because I can see when he gets something and feels the spirit. He gets the biggest smirk on his face. I just love it! A... is another one of my favorites. He always has the best questions by the end of the lesson. Most of the time it has nothing to do with what we talked about. I think it takes him the lesson to work up the courage to ask. One week it was the holy grail and if we believe it in. Another was if drinking is bad. The last one was the best so far. It was about the bible and if it was true or if it was a book that the governments made to control us. What a conspiracy. I loved it though because I was able to relate it back to prayer and how he can pray to know of the truth. It was a great week. We got fed twice on Thanksgiving. I wore a skirt that had some room to give for a reason. It was great. One of the dinner was from a lesson active family that we had a lesson with. They surprised us with dinner. We had a great time teaching them about gratitude and missionary work. They have quite a few people they could bring unto the church it was awesome. Our other dinner was fun as well. It was with a member family and a few of there friends. There were so many people there, but the one nonmember hid from us the entire time, haha. I guess she was scared to share her pie with us.
I am focusing on scriptures this week. I challenge those who read this to try to read at least once a day. The spirit that will come from this will help you so much throughout your busy days. I know that it is a great way to become closer with our Heavenly Father. Keep Him and Jesus Christ close in your thoughts this holiday season. Remember the true meaning of Christmas and what we are celebrating. I love you all!
Adios amigos!
-Sister Marie Taylor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment