Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It was a miracle that I made it through the day without dying...

I visited with Marie yesterday. As many of you know, she hurt her ankle in the MTC over 4 weeks ago. It is still not 100% and the mission is sending her to an orthopedic surgeon. Please keep her in your prayers. She needs to get her ankle healed so she can work 110% like she is used to doing. I asked her what tender mercies she recognized this week. This is what she said: A miracle this week would not being homesick much at all. I didn't even realize I had been out a month until after. I was sick early this week and didn't want to get out of bed. Sister Blume let me sleep some through studies, but I got up for some of it and pushed through. The miracle there was that I made it through the day without dying. I was so light headed and my stomach was throwing the biggest fit ever. We visited a lot of people this week. A lot of less actives in the ward. A few appts fell through but we were able to find others to visit."  Here is her email:

Hello family and friends!!

I am sorry it has taken me so long to write an email out. I never knew how hard it would be to write so many people back in an hour! Houston is great I love it out here. The past week has been super cold! I feel like I am back in Utah. It is actually snowing some in Texas right now. I have been told the cold weather won't last long so I keep praying for that. Thankfully my grandma sent me tights. I never thought I would lower my standards again to wear tights, but whatever helps keep you warm to do The Lord's work.

I have already had a baptism! It was a great feeling to have that happen right when I got here. It gives me just a great motivation to continue doing the work here. I don't know what else to say. My mom has all the info about what has happened thus far while I have been out here. I am so thankful to all my family and friends that have supported me while I have been out here. I know that the strength I have to be out here is from all the prayers. I keep all of you in my prayers. I hope the Lord continues to pour down his blessings upon you while I am gone. I love you all! Remember to read your scriptures and pray daily!

Love,
Sister Marie Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment