Monday, December 16, 2013

Walking in a Sprinkler Wonderland

I never thought I would see the day that sprinklers were running during the month of December! The weather is also bipolar here. It rains and sprinkles out of no where. I am never prepared for it. I have decided that it is only windy when I wear my hair down as well so I take that as a sign to keep my hair up the rest of my life. This week was kinda of a weird week. We weren't able to have as many lessons as we would of liked to. Everyone kept cancelling on us, but we didn't let that stop us from trying to teach the gospel. We talked to a lot of people in the apartment complexes walking to and fro from our appointments. I am getting better at talking to random strangers and telling them about Jesus Christ. It is hard, but it is one of the best ways to find investigators. The best way to find investigators is through the members. Some of our most solid investigators came through members in the ward. It makes it so much easier to teach because they already feel comfortable and have someone they can trust. One of those is C..... She is just awesome! She has so much desire to find the truth and the church that is true. We taught her the plan of salvation and she really likes the idea about not going straight to Hell. We invited her to be baptized and she didn't say no, but she wants more time to find out the truth. I know that as she continues to read she will find that truth she is looking for. Funny thing about her appointment, she text us the night before to tell us that she might not make it. So we weren't sure if we were still on. We had zone meeting and still hadn't heard, but we decided to head over there anyways. On the way we got a call from her and both Sister Blume and I thought she couldn't make it so we asked to reschedule. She said yes and would figure out a day. We were so bummed and decided to pray about what to do in our now spare time. We felt prompted to still go to the Busselburg house and ask about other referrals. You will never believe who was there! C.....!!!! We heard her wrong on the phone and she said she was there. Man did we feel dumb. I am so glad that we listened to the spirit and followed that prompting or we would have missed out on an excellent lesson. C.... is progressing well the next step is going to church and being baptized. It was such a tender mercy to have that lesson. Can you believe that on this Wednesday I will have officially made through my first transfer! I won't be one of the new missionaries anymore. Boy has this transfer been great. I love my district so much. Clearlake is where I am suppose to be right now. I am thankful that I had such an awesome district that is always looking out for me. Something crazy about my district. All of us but one are from Utah, and I even am serving with someone from Cedar. It is my dear friend Sister Megan Pace!! We were in the same ward in St. George. It was crazy to found out that she was here, and I love that she was here to make me feel more comfortable. Well peeps I hope all is well and that finals haven't killed too many of you. May the Lord continue to bless you in all your individuals endeavors. I continue to pray for all of you. I love you all!! Love, Sister Marie Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment