Monday, December 9, 2013

'Tis the Season of Tights!

'Tis The Season of Tights!! Holy moly people!! Can I just tell you that it does indeed get cold here in Houston. The wind just pierces straight through your clothes. I am so thankful for the tights my grandma sent me. I never thought I would love tights so much in my life. Besides the weather being cold the work here is still pressing forward. We didn't get to talk to many people on the street, but we were still able to find a few new investigators. I went on my first exchange this week. Boy was I a nervous wreck. I had to lead the area by myself with my sister trainer. So she knows everything already. Sister Thompson was so nice though and we worked pretty well together. Sister Blume and I didn't have appointments all week, but The Lord blessed us with a super busy day on Friday. That indeed was a tender mercy. I had to teach the word of wisdom this week for the first time. Can I just say that it is hard to ask someone to give up something they love and have faith that they are doing the right thing. Thankfully J... is so prepared to be a member that he totally agreed and said he would give up everything and learn to eat healthier. In church on Sunday he even referred to himself as a Mormon already. It was a pretty great feeling. I got a lovely Christmas package from my family and friends. I am loving all the cards that are in it. I didn't know I had so many friends haha. I open one a day right before bed so just in case I cry Sister Blume can't see it ha. I am smart I know. I had to talk in church this week as well. McKenzie Reeves gave her farewell talk so there were lots of new faces there. That made it a little scarier, but then the anxiety grew even more when Sister Blume pointed out President Ashton!! Oh man did that make me feel bad for preparing my talk in an hour right before sacrament. Everyone said it was a great talk, but to be quite honest I was so nervous that I don't remember what I said at all. This is a time to be giving and loving. The Savior is the true meaning of Christmas and we need to remember Him. Jesus Christ gave his life. That is the greatest gift of all. What do you think we could give the Savior? I know that I am going to give him my life for the next 17 months. It is the least I can do. I need to lose myself in the work and forget about home. The world is in need of hearing the gospel. The work is hastening for a reason. We need to continue to share it with all of those we come in contact with. I love you all and wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Remember The Lord and try to give him a gift this season. Love, Sister Marie Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment