Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Yay for transfers!
Well today we got transfer calls. We have had a feeling the past week that Sister Cotton was going to be the one to move. Our whole district was thinking the same thing, but despite everyone's speculations I am the one being transferred! Sister Earl and Elder Carter are leaving as well. It is weird because that means there isn't a single soul left here from my original district. I guess it is time for us all to move on. Our zone leader, Elder Shuler is going home this week as well. It is weird to think of him leaving. I don't know what the mission will be like without him. He truly cared for all the missionaries and I know he studied so diligently to teach us what the Lord wanted us to learn at each meeting. It is going to be a crazy transfer meeting!
This week we decided that it was time to start over in our area. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do so far in this area. After careful consideration we knew that the people we have been teaching weren't progressing and we needed to spend our time else where so that is what we did.
It seems that we picked the wrong neighborhoods to street contact in because every time we tried there wasn't a soul outside! Nonetheless we kept trying. We went to random neighborhoods that we have never really been in. We tried almost every apartment complex in the area. We kinda boycotted Algonquin because we were there almost everyday last week. We focused on seeing member this week as well. We know that talking to members is a great way to find people to teach. We don't have a lot of active members in our area so it is a little challenging at times. I love the people here though. Some have us over all the time, but just don't want to come to church. One day we will get them all there again!
Our week was far from exciting. We did a lot of praying to know where to go and who we needed to see. Sister Cotton is trying to help me feel the spirit more so after we would pray she would ask where the spirit told us to go. Well let's just say half the time I thought it was the spirit it wasn't. The thing I am learning though is to distinguish between my thoughts and the spirit. That is what the Lord is helping me learn at this time. I am thankful for all of my companions that have tried to help me. I felt stupid admitting to them that I couldn't feel the spirit, but not a single one has cared. They do everything they can to help me know what it feels like. I am grateful because slowly I am starting to understand what the Holy Ghost feels like!
We ended our week with witnessing the baptism of Angelina! I am so thankful that we were able to go. We didn't have any investigators there, but it was a wonderful service. Almost every missionary that has taught her was there. It was great seeing Sister Blume again. We got to chat for like two seconds. She is just so popular here that everyone was trying to talk to her. Needless to say I got my fair share of hugs that day too. By the end of my mission I will love hugs.... probably not though. I love you all and hope that all is well! I know that summer is here so everyone go rock climb for me! Beauty of climbing it relates to the gospel so well. Remember to hold to the anchor who is Christ! I love you have a great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment