Monday, June 30, 2014
Rain and exchanges
Man this week was just full of birthdays! So shout out to my little man Ethan the cutest nephew ever! And to Ashley the craziest friend ever! I hope that your birthdays were grand. Oh Ash I hope you didn't get your cake everywhere like Ethan did.
This week was different than the rest we have had. We didn't teach as many lessons as normal and we are beating ourselves up over it, but to look at the bright side we did find 2 new investigators and have 2 people getting baptized next week. We will be working with them a lot this week to get them ready for that. Matthew prayed about it and he decided he is ready to make that commitment with the Lord. It is so awesome. His brother-in-law Marcos decided to be baptized as well after having one lesson with us. It is great to see a family grow so much together.
This week was also full of rain! Man do I hate rain! Sister Sellers and I went on exchanges with Sister Susu and Sister Wilson this week. Oh man was it a riot. I love Sister Wilson so much! Sadly we didn't accomplish much because her area is a bike area and there was thunder and lightening the whole time. Sister Wilson said she was obeying the rules and not going outside to ride her bike. I don't understand why the rain was only coming down in sheets the whole day. We studied and talked a lot. We talked about her going home in August. So many of my mission friends are ditching me at the same time. I am going to be a lonely old missionary all by myself.
I went on another exchange the day after as well because Sister Sellers had to go to MLC. It is the Missionary Leadership Council. They are in a meeting all day long! I begged Sister Susu to pray about me and Sister Wilson staying together again while they went to the meeting, but Sister Susu already got her answer from the Lord. I was going to Clear Lake with Sister Winger's companion. It was kinda fun to go back to Clear Lake and work the other half of the ward. I was able to eat dinner with the Orr's. They are one of the funniest families I know out there. Sister Cotton and her companion was there too so that was fun.
Sister Sellers is still as awesome as ever. She is so in tune with the Spirit I am not even surprised with it anymore. She knows what I am thinking and what I am going to say. We were teaching a lesson and there was a moment we both went to talk and so I stopped, she then paused and said go ahead I know you were going to ask them a question. And I was!! It was crazy. She does it all the time. I love it because we can teach through the Spirit so much together. I am really learning to rely on the Spirit more with her. She doesn't let me get away without telling me how we used the Spirit that day. It really is amazing to see the difference the Spirit makes in your life. If you rely on it more you are just happier. In Sister Sellers words, "You have more of a sparkle in your eye." The Spirit will take you places if you let it. So just remember to let the Spirit guide you everyday. I love you all and hope you have a safe 4th of July!! We get to go in early super fun....not! Family you better eat the grilled turkey and works for dinner that night if not I will be truly disappointed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment