


1. First pic of the new companions. 2. Sis Sellers after nightly prayers. 3. First and last hug of Sis Taylor and Sis Cotton.
After living in Friendswood for the past 3 months the Lord thought it was best for me to actually serve there! I moved down the street to the neighboring stake. This transfer has been a blast already! My new companion is Sister Sellers and to say the least she is beyond awesome she is BE-AWESOME in the words of Bolt.
Well to tell you about this awesome gal. She is from Hanksville, UT. She is pretty much my twin, but with a few different likes. She is into sword fighting so that is awesome. She is super sarcastic and we think the same. We She loves the outdoors so we talk about guns and stuff like that in our spare time. It was cool to see how similar we were within the first few hours we were finishing each others sentences. We have had a blast. Within one day of being with each other members said it seems like we had been together forever. We teach really well together because we think the same. Sometimes I don't know what to say because she steals my ideas right out of my head.
We went straight to work when we left transfers so I hadn't seen the apartment at all. Sister Sellers said she wanted to ease me into having a crappy apartment. She warned me about cockroaches, but she also said she hadn't seen any lately because she sprayed. I was fine with that and it didn't sounds too bad, until we started visiting people and they asked I had seen the apartment yet. It made me nervous, but when we got there it wasn't too bad until we swam through the sewage to get to the mail. It is such a lovely apartment. I hate bugs so I am killing them left and right! They are just the little guys but I don't like studying with them on my desk.
The work is going great. We were able to teach 20 even with transfers this week. This area hasn't done that for awhile. We are ready to do everything we can to baptize weekly. We have faith that the Lord will help us do that. The members here are great. This ward is geeky, nerdy, and outdoors men so I fit right in.
So far I have met some wonderful people. We are working on finding new people to teach. We are really excited to see this area grow. And I have only been flashed once this transfer so that's good. That was quite the lesson. The Lord took our plans and changed them completely. I should probably learn to word my prayers differently and not ask Him to change up all the day's plans if it is His will. I don't know what else to write right now, but I love this ward already. I am excited to be here. I look forward to grow here with these people and my companion. Oh and don't forget to read your scriptures. You learn a lot know matter how tired you are just do it! I love you all. Have a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment