Monday, April 21, 2014
Service, service, service
THIS IS MARIE'S MOM. I FAILED TO UPLOAD HER LAST EMAIL. SORRY. THIS ONE IS FROM 4/14.

This week has been full of service opportunities. Nothing super exciting has happened like the last few weeks, but nonetheless it was a great week. It was kinda of a relaxed laid back week and that was nice! We didn't have to think too much or try not to catch on fire from exploding cars.
Monday was just like a normal p-day running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get all our errands done before the day ended. I would say the worst thing we have to do every week is wash the car. Mostly because it get nasty dirty from all the pollen that is dumb state has. I have never had allergies in my life, but surprise I have them here! There is so much pollen you can see it in the air and your car gets a wonderful yellow tint to it. My nose goes crazy when we wash the car. We ended our p-day by going out with Rhea to visit some referrals. She is like any typical 16 year-old. She wants to sit shotgun and control the radio. She asked us if she found some gospel rap if we could listen to it. We told her if it invites the Spirit we can listen to it. We are pretty sure she is on the hunt for it.
Tuesday we had district meeting like always. I was asked to bear my testimony on obedience.... Oh man that dreadful word. Being obedient is hard sometimes, but I know it is important. I have come to learn that if I just do what I am suppose to things will come naturally. I am not going to beat myself up for making mistakes though. That is not what the Savior would want me to do. He just wants us to repent and try our best. We had a miracle occur though! We had dinner with the Steinbachs and they decided to take us out to Golden Corral. While we were getting our salads some random lady came up to us and said, "You are the ladies I was looking for." We were really confused thinking we didn't know this lady, but she told us her name was Joyce and that she looking for the missionaries. It was crazy because she is a former investigator that we were trying to get a hold of. Miracles can happen anywhere. Even better when food is around though.
Thursday was weekly planning and guess what?! It wasn't half bad this week. Crazy right. We started our day off by doing service for the Kelleys. We cleaned their house and helped out where we were needed. We decided to bring all of our weekly planning things with us because we had another appointment during the middle of planning so it wasn't worth it to go home. We decided to have a picnic at the park and plan there. Nothing like getting a tan while planning for your week. Well I am a dummy and had longer sleeves on so I have a wonderful tan line in the middle of my arm. I pull it off pretty well if I say so myself. For companion inventory my least favorite part where we talk about our feelings and such. We threw the softball around and went and got ice cream. It was a nice change up to the normal weekly planning. We had an awesome dinner with the Dorns. Heather was showing us a video of sister missionaries singing about the restoration to the cup song. She couldn't find the right one and we just started looking at all of the to find it. We clicked on one and BAM it was Taelor Daffer! I was like I know those girls! It was crazy! We then ended our night by meeting up with Sister Wilson and Sister Susu for exchanges.
Friday was fun because I was with Sister Susu trying to act like I knew the area super well all by myself. Sister Susu is a gimp right now and has to use crutches. It is sad but she is a champ. If you ever want to see someone on crutches rundown people in the middle of the street just spend the day with her. We were knocking on a door and no one was answering and we saw a guy in the street walking. I was about to knock again we all of a sudden she was off hopping after him. It was quite a sight. I love her and the courage she has to talk with everyone. I am still learning that. We taught Carlos who is still as awesome as before. We talked about tithing and fasting. He had so much to say which was true. I told him that he just needed to teach me. He laughed and said it is the Lord that taught him what he knows. He is awesome. We then went to meet up with the sisters to get our companions back. We were half way home when we realized we didn't have a phone! Sister Susu took it!! We were late and needed to tell Elder Carter, but we were phone less. We were freaking out like little girls. We stopped at a gas station and used their phone. Luckily I had all the numbers of our district written down. He told us to go home and we would figure it out tomorrow at our service opportunity.
Saturday we went to the park to help the police with an Easter egg hunt. They told us to be there at 10:30. We rushed over there but didn't find the park. Our GPS sent us to an empty field. We tried every park we knew of looking for missionary cars but we had no luck. We went to a member that lived close by and used their phone. The elders left the park because they didn't need us until 12. They had our phone though! We spent the afternoon preparing hot dogs and handing them out to the kids. The whole time I was talking to an officer that is a devote atheist. How come we always get the atheists?! I thought I was in the bible belt. We talked about many different things, but almost every time I was explaining something we were interrupted and he would walk away, but he always came back and started talking about something else. By the end I had gotten no where with him and lots of other officers kept joking with him about his girlfriend just getting there. Awkward... No way was that happening. Sister Cotton and I tried our best to teach him, but we weren't lucky enough to teach much.
All in all it was a pretty decent week. I learned a lot about thanking the Lord immediately for miracles from Sister Susu. Exchanges are always fun because you have the chance to learn from the other sisters around you. You get to see different ways of teaching and it is pretty helpful. And hopefully next week's weekly planning will be just as enjoyable as this weeks. I love you all and hope you had a great week too. Remember to read your scriptures and study the conference talks again. We need to continue to strengthen our testimonies all that we can! I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment