![]()

.JPG)
This past week had a theme, and that theme was patience! The Lord was teaching me how to be patient in so many ways. I need to learn charity as well. I love people, but I know I need to love them even more and ignore the things that make me want to punch the wall. I am thankful though that I have a companion that helps me out when she sees that I am getting irritated. She's got my back just like the Lord does. I am so thankful for learning opportunities as well. Without them this life would be a little boring. Shout out to Grandma Betty for her 90th birthday! I hope that you had a wonderful birthday party. Also another shout out to my awesome mom that went rock climbing in my favorite climbing spot!! So so jealous and proud that you worked past your fear of heights!
Monday we had an epic zone activity. We tried hiding our competitive sides, but I think for a few of us they were sneaky sneaks and got out. We played volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, Book of Mormon pictionary, paper airplane contest, and soccer. Thankfully I did not roll my ankle this time going up for a block. I did however scrape my knees on that nasty carpet diving for the ball. Don't worry I saved it and we scored off of it. (I keep thinking that it should illegal for church gyms to be carpet just saying.) It was a lot of fun, but also hard to play without touching the elders. Elder Sami and I ran into each other at one point and he felt so bad, and then I ran into Sister Cotton and took her out. That is the way the game is suppose to be played right. After that we tried staying away from each other because we are so competitive. Good times though. To end the night Daysha (Rhea's cousin) came up to us and told us she wanted to be baptized. Awesome right. We talked about the importance of baptism and how we don't take it lightly. She promised to put her phone away during lessons and take it serious. It was awesome!
Tuesday was district meeting and we did a lot of role playing. One of my favorites.... By the end of my mission I know I will learn to love role playing and weekly planning. It was a great meeting though because it was focused on exactly what I needed to hear. We had family history after, but silly us made an appointment during it so we had to skip out this week. We went and met with Joyce our former investigator. She is just awesome. She is fully prepared to be baptized. She is a tender mercy. Sister Ipsen came out with us and she has a lot of gospel knowledge. On the drive back home we had a great discussion about the second coming and where cities will be. Oh man I wanted to steal her scriptures and look at all the cross references she had in there. She is just one amazing woman.
Wednesday was a rough day. We tried meeting less actives and referrals, but we weren't having any luck. We then thought about trying a new member that moved into the ward. We knocked and no one answered. While Sister Cotton left a note a man that was working on the house next door came over and said that the neighbor doesn't get home until 5:30 or 6. He asked who we were and I told him we were the missionaries from the ward trying to meet the neighbor. I asked his name and if he knew the neighbor. He said his name was Sergio and that he just knew that because of the work he was doing next door. He then just started asking a million questions and we were able to teach him the restoration right then and there. We gave him a Book of Mormon and left him a commitment to read it and our phone number. It was awesome. Then Brother Lae the new member called us when he found our note and that never happens. Miracles! We took Rhea to mutual that night as well so she can form stronger relationships with the girls. This is were the Lord was teaching me patience. I love Rhea, but she is a teenager and when she starts acting silly and not listening grouchy grandma comes out. I think she has figure out what gets on my nerves and does anything to irritate me. I still love her though. She just needs more friends that aren't us missionaries.
Thursday we had service cleaning at the Kelley house again. I think Sister Cotton and I should start up a maid service because by the end of our missions we are going to be professional cleaners. After that we were able to meet up with Sister Susu and teach her the Atonement. I couldn't have asked for a better week to teach that. I needed it a lot in my personal trails and it also helped us focus on what really matters with this Easter holiday. It was a pretty short lesson, but the spirit that I felt was strong. Having a real testimony and understanding of the Atonement changes everything. I am so thankful that I have figured some of it out, and look forward to learning even more. We watched Because of Him the new Easter video the church put out and that just sealed the deal about the Atonement with me that day. Christ is everything and I love that I am able to serve Him here in Houston.
Friday we did our weekly planning and I thought I was going to die. The struggle is real sometimes. I felt bad for Sister Cotton because I wasn't as focused as I should have been and I was tired. I think I was half asleep for most of it. Now that I look back this is were I need to learn charity. We plan for these people to help them and I need to learn to love them more so I can more clearly find out what they need help with. Without charity we can not truly serve our Lord and Savior. Without charity we don't love God. That is a bold statement, but I know it is true with all of my heart. That is why I am trying to learn charity to the best of my abilities.
Saturday's highlight was going to the temple with Rhea! We were able to take her to the temple so she could do baptisms for the dead. Sister Pace was able to come because she was one of Rhea's original missionaries. Steven came as well. He was the one who gave Rhea the pass along card that eventually led to her getting baptized.
There was another group of Sisters from the Houston mission with their recent converts doing the same thing. The baptistery was in overload trying to figure out the best way to baptize everyone. Sister Newman (Sister Pace's companion) and I decided to help make it easier and go do other temple work. We did initiatories and I loved every moment of them. I haven't done those since I was at home with my mommy. It is different doing them as a missionary. You look at things a lot differently. Sister Newman and I made it back in time to see Rhea be baptized for her grandma it was awesome. The spirit is so strong in the temple and I hope Rhea was able to feel it like we did.
Sunday was Easter and I loved it so much. I loved how much we talked about the Atonement and the Savior's life. Christ did so much for us and I love that we focus on Him living! His death is important yes, but Him living brings us so much more hope. He made it possible for us to live again. He is what really matters. I love that the Easter eggs my mom sent me were filled with scriptures about the last week of Christ's life and not candy. It was just another testimony of what is really matters. I am thankful for Christ and all that He has done for me and continue to do for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment